- Event volunteers - to help with organising our events.
- Walk leaders - Leaders and assistant leaders are needed to help with the annual Black Combe Walking Festival. Some training will be provided in group management and safety but you need to be a proficient map reader and navigator.
- Walking route writers - We are hoping to produce a series of walking booklets for visitors. Let us have your favourite walks around South Copeland and the Duddon Valley and we’ll do our best to print them.
- Heritage enthusiasts - Do you have a particular interest in the heritage of the area? We are looking for individuals and groups to explore the heritage of the villages of South Copeland to produce interpretation materials, presentation boards and events for Heritage Open Days.
- Photographers - We are looking for volunteers to photograph and film our events and provide us with royalty free images of South Copeland to use in publicity materials and a new leaflet for Millom & Haverigg.
- Leaflet distributors - Volunteers with cars needed to help distribute posters and brochures for our events to venues across South and West Cumbria.
Volunteer student placements
We're also on the lookout for skilled graduates for small volunteer projects. We're currently looking for:
- Photographers/film makers - To make a series of high quality films about the area to stream online.
- Events graduates - to help us with our event planning, implementation and evaluation.
Some training and expenses may be provided for all positions. If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact us or send us the volunteer registration form found in the resources box on this page.